Do you have a passion for serving others? A hard worker, team player and accountable? If you answered yes, the City of Cleveland is the place for you!
WHO WE ARE: The Maintenance Department, a division of Public Works, is responsible for the removal of wastewater in a safe, efficient manner as well as the repair of the City’s roadways and pubic drainage systems along with streetlights, traffic signs and traffic signals.
- Heavy labor (50 pounds) of a mechanical nature involving the maintenance, construction and inspection of the streets and alley ways.
- Operation of vehicles, heavy equipment and hand tools.
- Install and replace gas/water meters.
- Hydro-clean, saw and remove blockages from sanitary sewer lines.
- Mow, dig holes, weed, trim and pick up debris around streets & roadways.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years’ education or experience preferred in street, water, gas, construction or related public works.
- 21 years of age and possess, or be able to obtain a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License, a CDL driver’s license is not required but preferred.
- Desire to learn and grow in all areas pertaining to public works field operations.
- Has a good, positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
- Standard hours are 7 am-4 pm Monday-Friday but some overtime may be required.
The duties of the Maintenance Worker position will typically be performed outdoors and may be exposed to inclement weather. The employee may also come in contact with hazards associated with field operations including but not limited to heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
Applications can be picked up at City Hall at 105 W. Caddo, Cleveland OK, 74020 or CLICK HERE.