The Finance Department is responsible for providing financial information, payroll services, and the administration of all other financial affairs of the City.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports can be viewed at City Hall.
The City budget is prepared by the City Manager and approved by the City Council. The goal of the City budget is to evaluate and direct City departments, helping them make successful decisions in resource allocation, program evaluations, financial management, and long-range planning.
The City Budget is available for viewing at City Hall, 201 N Broadway, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
The City Clerk is responsible for:
- Maintaining payroll records
- Preparing the monthly payroll for all city employees
- Preparing and filing all required tax payments and forms
- Assisting city employees with any payroll issues they have
The City of Cleveland collects hotel/motel tax and franchise taxes. Property taxes are assessed and collected by the County. Current tax rates are as follows:
- Sales Tax - 10%
- Hotel / Motel Tax - 3%
- Franchise Tax - 2% for Indian Electric
- Franchise Tax - 3% for AT & T, and Cim-Tel Cable
The Cleveland City Treasurer is responsible for monitoring the City's cash flow on a daily basis to ensure there is an adequate amount of cash available for efficient operation. Any excess funds are invested to maximize the City's resources, with an emphasis on preservation of capital.